Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, May 23, 2011

Inching up the Feedings by Mouth: Day 33

During rounds today we decided to go up 5 mls on the feedings by mouth.  Garrett still gets 64 mls every 3 hours.  So now he is taking 50 by mouth and having 14 down his feeding tube.  We have only done 1 feeding so far at that rate and he kept it all down with no spit up.  I should also refer to his spit up as projectile vomiting …….because that is what it is.  It is not your normal baby spit up. 
I love it when the doctors or nurses tell me, “well, that is what a normal baby his age would be doing, eating, etc.”  Let’s face it.  He is not normal.  APPARENTLY, a normal 1 month old would be eating around 64mls by mouth every 3 hours.  WELL, it just may take Garrett a little longer to get there.  I think he is doing remarkably well.  The fact that he keeps down 50 mls every three hours I think is pretty darn good.
Special thanks to the Brentlinger Family – JR, Nikki, Jase, & Gentry, for brining dinner by last night and Grant’s big brother gift.   I am going to cook it tonight; so excited!  I didn’t get the chance last night as I got home MUCH later than anticipated.
I wonder what Garrett looks like without stuff on his face?  Someday I will know.




3 comments:

  1. His big brown eyes are something else. I just love seeing them wide open! Good job to Garrett on the bottle feeding!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your baby with stuff on his face is cuter than a lot of babies with nothing on their face but red crinkles and scratches. His eyes say it all, he is here, he loves his momma, and he's here to stay!!

    Keep eating Garrett, making your mommy proud.
    Debi Mann

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a handsome lil fellow ! Yeah for Garrett keep up the good work ,Your doing a great job !

    ReplyDelete