Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, May 16, 2011

Day 26 - A New Bed for Garrett

                Garrett was moved out of his isolette today and into a NICU crib.  Wow.  At first I thought I was in the wrong room today when I walked in.  I seriously had to do a double take.  I also walked in right as the doctors were doing rounds in our room, so it was perfect timing. 

                They stopped Garrett’s continuous feeds and are going to try a couple of Bolus feedings before we go for the bottle.  Essentially that means they are going to feed him what would be like a full bottle through his feeding tube and see how it goes before actually giving him the bottle.  His feedings on continuous feeds is very gradual throughout the day, so this will be all the food at one time. We will see how he does.  If he handles a few of the Bolus feedings well, we will try the bottle later this afternoon.
                Garrett has had his first visitors (besides immediate family) over the past week.  Thank you Juli Coble Kastl, Jake Colliflower, and DJ, Ashley, & Peyton Mernick for coming to see him!  I know it is not that exciting to look at a baby sitting in an isolette all day – so we appreciate you stopping in.

3 comments:

  1. I can't wait to see him! Not too much longer!! It's nice to see him in a crib. I hope his feedings go well today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I cant believe he is almost a month old ! SO glad to see he is doing well <3 Julia C

    ReplyDelete
  3. A crib!

    I am so happy to see him taking "baby steps" tpwards coming home:)

    ReplyDelete