Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, May 30, 2011

Frantic for the Bottle

Garrett gets "frantic" for his bottle.  It is so funny.  "Frantic" is the word the nurses use to describe it.  He just flails those little arms and then – suck, suck, suck, suck as fast as possible once he gets his hands on it.  Too funny.  Today they decided to change his feedings to allow him to eat as much as he wants at each feeding.  So they filled his bottle up with 90 mls……….and he ate all of it…………hahhahaha.  I did 2 feedings today and he ate the entire 90 mls at both feedings.  Quite the little porker. 
He is still keeping all his feedings down.  It is almost like his stomach just ‘figured it out’.  He acts so much like a normal baby now I am somewhat shocked.  For so long he was sedated and if he did get upset, they would just give him stronger drugs.  Not so much anymore.  Now the binky is his main soothing item instead of upping the morphine or getting a dose of versed ordered.  AAAAHHHHH, to be a little normal is a wonderful thing.
Special thanks to the Henson Family – Herb (aka Herbie as far as I am concerned), Michelle, Alyssa, & Anna for the Red Lobster Gift Card.  I can’t remember the last time I cooked a meal from scratch in the past 40 days, so the gift card is VERY APPRECIATED!!!  I can’t wait for you to all meet Garrett.
Also would like to thank a fellow CDH mom Lindsay Kranz for the CDH t-shirt.  I keep it in my car as a spare incase Garrett decides to decorate me with spit-up at the hospital.  It is always great to get to see you and Karlie – what a strong little CDH miracle she is!

2 comments:

  1. YAY!!!!! Janna I'm so happy your little porker is doing well with his feedings, that has always been one of my favorite things about being a mom, whether nursing or giving the baby a bottle, I love when they're good little eaters. Congrats, we continue to pray for Garrett. -Tiffany

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY Garrett! 90 mls? Porker indeed! Normal is a fantastic thing!

    ReplyDelete