Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, May 11, 2011

3 Weeks Old -- Day 21

              Garrett is 3 weeks old; I cannot believe it has been THREE WEEKS.  The days all blend together.  Today was a normal day in the NICU for us.  I held Garrett – not for as long as usual as his CPAP was NOT staying together good today.  Every time he moved it popped off, so I ended up putting him back in his isolette.  He was actually pretty comfy in there today.  He has calmed down since yesterday, which made me very happy.
                They completely shut off his Fentanyl today.  So he is no longer on any meds for the pain.  He does get doses of Versed fairly regularly just to take the edge off because he has trouble sleeping with the CPAP on.  Other than that he had a pretty good day!
Here is what CPAP looks like  Pretty uncomfortable.
 A brief sleepy moment on CPAP.  Note the hand creeping up to try to pull it out. :)

3 comments:

  1. I'm glad he's on his way forward again from an unnecessary step back. I'm sure mama bear has them all straightened out. ;) He has the most beautiful eyes. I look forward to the day when we can see him with nothing on his cute little face.

    ReplyDelete
  2. He is so adorable! Ditto to Andrea- can not wait until we can see him without all of his tubes! Glad today was better for him- and you! Yay to uneventful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. He is so precious and I miss not being able to be with him. Hopefully this cold will leave soon so I can go see him again.I pray his feeding is going well and his little lungs will grow so the CPAP can be removed soon, but not before he can handle the breathing on his own. It hurts me to see him struggle to breathe! I love him so much!!

    ReplyDelete