Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Sunday, May 15, 2011

Day 25

               Today Garrett had his PICC line removed.  That had to feel GREAT.  It has been in his arm almost since birth and was just always ‘in the way’.  So I was glad to see one more line be taken OUT OF my little baby.  They also turned down his oxygen flow and stopped his Lasix (which has been helping him get rid of excess fluids I believe).  So he is down to his feeding tube and his oxygen cannulas ONLY at this point.  He still gets some meds through his feeding tube.
                He was a very content baby today.  Awake for a while; sleeping for a while.  Not fussy at all.  Tomorrow we are looking at trying him on his first bottle - a little nervous about that!  Yet another fairly uneventful day for us in the NICU.

3 comments:

  1. YAY! I love this tube/line removal trend he is on! So he has nothing in the way of IV's- not even a peripheral one, right?!? I am sure his little body is getting more and more comfortable! Uneventful is a beautiful word, isn't it! I will pray for a successful feeding tomorrow! Let's get that lil man chubbed up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so happy to hear that Garrett is on the road to being more comfortable. I love following his fight, he is a true inspiration.

    Mommy, Daddy, and big brother Grant,

    I pray for your strength to help Garrett fight. It can not be easy to see his fight.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Every little step in the right direction is a reason to celebrate. I keep following and keeping you all in my thoughts and do my own mini celebration whenever he makes one of his babysteps towards heading home with you! I'm glad he's making such great strides.

    ReplyDelete