Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Friday, May 20, 2011

1 Month Old

Garrett is one month old today.  I am sick of the NICU.  I am ready to bring him home.  I am mad at the world today.  Not going off the deep end here or anything, just in a very foul mood that doesn’t want to go away.  The only cure for my pissy mood would be getting him out of this place.  I feel bad for anyone at the hospital who has had the displeasure of crossing my path today.  Unfortunately I think the bad mood is going to now have to stick around until I do get him out of here!
On a brighter note -- A few special thank you’s this week:
·         The Xenia School Girls – Thank you for the thoughtful card and ‘gifts’.  It was unbelievably thoughtful of all of you!  We truly appreciate it.
·         Kim, Cal, Cari, & Cali – That you for the card and gift dropped off at mom’s.  It was a very generous gift from you all that will be put to good use during our time in the NICU.
·         Juli Coble Kastl – The Andy the Elephant toy looks super cute in Garrett’s room!  Thank you very much.
·         Sarah (Mernick) Williams & Family – Thank you for providing a PHENOMENAL chicken dinner than I ate from for 3 nights in a row!  I LOVED IT that much!
·         Ed & Jeanne Hayes – Thank for the Chili’s gift card which has already been put to good use!
·         Aunt Nancy – The Olive Garden gift card is being saved for one of the times mom and dad are out to enjoy it with us!

3 comments:

  1. Janna,
    I cannot begin to imagine what you are going through. You are the strongest person I know and Garrett is SO lucky to have such a strong mommy! I continue to keep you and your family in my prayers and I know everyone at Hickey does as well.

    Jen McGrath

    ReplyDelete
  2. On a much brighter note...I will be there in about 12 hours to lighten your load dear friend, even if just for the day! Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Honey
    I know what you mean about docs. My daughter had a head injury years ago and some things that happened absolutely incensed me. To this day I will argue with a health care professional in a heartbeat! Keep the faith, know that your little one is squarely in the hands of the Great Physician. He knows how to care for your son.
    Love ya girl
    Debi Mann

    ReplyDelete