Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, May 30, 2011

40 Days......you must be kidding me! We have been here FOREVER!

Garrett is doing just fine – I know I took 2 days off from updating the blog.  We just had a very busy Memorial Day weekend, hence the hiatus.

Nothing very new to report.  They CONTINUE to wean his morphine and oxygen; however he is still on both.  We are not sure if he will come home on oxygen or not.  There has been talk about when Garrett will go to the “zoo”.  Apparently they do not use the “H” word (home) here in the NICU as babies tend to regress when they do! Hahahah.  So they talk about them going to the “zoo”.  I find that very entertaining.  Though there has been some talk of it, I know it is not in the immediate future.  We still have a list of things to accomplish before little Garrett will be taking any trips to the zoo.

 I am very ready for the zoo whenever we can get him there!!

3 comments:

  1. AAaHHH! I remember the "zoo" very fondly. I remember someone first said that & I was a little confused. LOL!

    So glad that there is talk about the "zoo" though, that is wonderful!!!! Keep it up Garrett!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, if your house is anything like mine, "zoo" is a perfect way to describe it! So glad a trip to the zoo is being planned for Garrett! ~ Jen & Curt

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nurses are very superstitious- at least I am!
    Can't wait for Garrett's trip to the zoo!

    ReplyDelete