Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, May 19, 2011

I am too Angry to Think of a Title for this Post: Day 29

The Good – My little Garrett is doing very well.  He took the same amount from the bottle again today and kept it all down.

The Bad…..the very, very bad – I am not going to go into great detail, I am just going to say that today I have lost quite a bit of faith in the hospital and some of their decisions.  Ultimately I am beyond words because I am so upset.  The vast majority of the doctors, nurses and surgeons are beyond marvelous.  However, it only takes one unbelievably POOR decision by one or two people to cause what happened to Garrett to happen.  They put my child at risk for something (which he has now contracted) that he should have NEVER been put at risk for.   Right now I am praying that it does not affect him.  We are lucky he is in as good of a place as he is health wise.  Otherwise this could be even more devastating than it already is.

10 comments:

  1. Glad I talked to you earlier. We love you guys, and you all are in our prayers every day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Prayers sent everyday...please let us know if you need anything. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't know what happened but I'm sorry it did. I hope the rest of your evening gets better. He is so adorable. Keep the pics coming.

    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  4. :( Praying for the little guy. He is strong! I hope it ends up being nothing at all.

    ReplyDelete
  5. omg Jenna, I can feel your pain. Prayers are with you and Garrett and family.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Janna,

    I will keep sending the family love your way... hope the little guy ends up doing as fantastic as he is adorable!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am so sorry!!!! Hugs!!!! Many, many prayers that Garrett is unaffected by whatever he has been exposed to!!! One day I was in the NICU. My Dakota was on CPAP and having a bit of a rough day. The baby next to us was much, much worse. She did not have CDH, but she was still on a ventilator and not doing well. I was saying prayers for her all day. We both had the same nurse. I heard the nurse talking to the parents and heard the words RSV. When she came back to Dakota, I said, "Can my baby catch what that baby has?" The nurse said that she probably does not have RSV, that she has a heart issue and a lot more wrong than that, but that's why they are so careful - washing hands between babies, etc. But I saw the flash of fear in her eyes as she spoke to me. And within an hour we had a new nurse all to ourselves that day. Our first nurse said that she just needed to concentrate on the other baby, but I think it was me asking that question. A good hospital is a wonderful, wonderful place, but also a scary place despite the best efforts of most people who work there! Hugs!!!!!!!!!
    Jennifer
    Mom to Dakota 12-25-2008
    RCDH survivor
    Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am so sorry he contracted something! There is a baby in the room next to Grace who has MRSA and boy does it make me nervous, since though MOST people are awesome at washing thier hands, there are some who are not. Grace is still sick enough that she has one nurse to herself though, so that is good. I hope whatever he has does not affect him and he is able to continue recovering and moving forward.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Praying for the little guy. He's a fighter Janna, he's got your spirit in him. Hope he's not affected by whatever it is.

    ReplyDelete