Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Garrett Made his Momma PROUD! (Day 28)

                 Garrett amazed me today.  With our second bottle attempt, he did MUCH BETTER.  First of all, I saw a major improvement with his suck/swallow/breathing.  He took at total of 22 mls. -- which is exactly what he gets in his continuous feeds during 1 hour.  While he was eating his stomach made a HUGE RUMBLING sound.  He and I both kinda looked at each other. I told him that I hoped that his stomach was ‘kick starting’ itself!  I have never heard his stomach make any noises before.  After the 22 mls, I put him on my shoulder, got a little burp, and he fell asleep with a full belly…………..for the first time.  AND…………drum roll please……………NO SPITTING UP AT ALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  YIPEE FOR GARRETT!!!!!
                We didn’t want to push things, so he only did the one feeding for today with a bottle and is now back on continuous feeds.  But this is a GIGANTIC step for my baby.  Today was the first time his STOMACH took food and did not reject it.    I have teared up about three times because I am just SO HAPPY!



11 comments:

  1. Wow - that is TERRIFIC news! Before you know it, he could be eating like Avi :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is such great news Janna! I read your blog everyday and am amazed at what a strong little man he is (I think we know where he gets it from)! I am so glad he is doing so well, continued prayers ~ Curt & Jen

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hayden just said Hip Hip Hooray! I think he summed up what I was going to say! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my gosh! That is so awesome!! Go Garrett Go!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yippee Skippee! So excited for both Garrett, you, and your family! Prayers are still going on this end. Also, food is still coming to your house...the end of the year is a crazy time for me, but it will be there (hopefully soon)! Love you and call me anytime no matter what!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is great new Janna! Congrats!

    Rose

    ReplyDelete
  7. that is huge!! He is soooo cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yay! Go Garrett!!! Keep up the good work baby!
    Hugs,
    Jennifer
    Mom to Dakota 12-25-2008
    RCDH survivor

    ReplyDelete
  9. WOW, WOW, WOW, you and Garrett are unbeatable! I pray that he continues to improve and you continue to get those tears of happiness in your eyes.
    Debi Mann

    ReplyDelete
  10. So great to hear good news. Keep it up Garrett !!
    Ramsey's Gram

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congrats!! We have been tracking his steady progress and celebrating with you! Hope you continue to see these positive signs of improvement! Stay Strong, Garrett!!

    Our thoughts and prayers are continually with you!
    Heather Durre and family

    ReplyDelete