Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Saturday, April 30, 2011

2:00 p.m. - 10 Days Old - First Feeding Via Tube

     We just started Garrett's first feedings.  He will be tube fed at 1ml of milk every hour.  We will see how he handles food in his stomach for the first time. 

     Garrett has had a rough day up to this point.  I guess the sedation medicine weaning down finally caught up with him.  After a second dose of a sedative he has been calm the last hour or so.  So they decided to go ahead with the feedings.  When he has a bad day so do I. 

5 comments:

  1. Sounds like he (and you) are having a rough day. Glad to hear he's settling a little bit. Let me know if you need anything!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thinking about you all. All our love!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope he has a good night and a better day tomorrow. The feeding tube is in the right direction!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope tonight and tomorrow becomes easier for both of you - you all are always in my thoughts. Good luck with the feeding tube; I am glad you are at a hospital so knowledgable.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It was so hard to hear Garrett had a bad day. I know it was much harder going through it with him. I am happy they were able to help hia discomfort. There will be a day, when Garrett will appreciate, all his parents have done for him.

    ReplyDelete