Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, April 11, 2011

The Western Wall

For those who do now know me that personally, my parents are two different religious backgrounds.  My dad comes from a very strong Christian background; while my mother and her family are of the Jewish faith.  My parents raised both my brother and myself to believe in God and believe in ourselves, and yes we celebrated both Hanukkah and ChristmasJ.   
  When I was in college I qualified for a free trip to Israel.  As my best friends say, “I played my Jewish card.”  Due to my Jewish heritage I got a free 2 ½ week all expenses paid trip with a large group of college students.  It was an eye opening excursion.  One of the main things I remember from the trip was my experience at The Western Wall (The Wailing Wall).  I can see why so many people of different faiths consider it to be one of the holiest places on earth.  There is some force there.  What it is I am not sure.  The best way I can explain it is that it felt like I had a direct connection with God and he was listening to every word I was saying.  I am not an overly religious type person, so for me to even say this is interesting.  The main point is  -- I feel if God is listening, he is listening more there than anywhere else on this earth.
                My Aunt Linda is in Israel on a trip this week.  She went to the wall today in Jerusalem.  She left a note for me and my baby asking for a good outcome.  I can’t imagine a better place to leave such a request.

2 comments:

  1. Hi, Janna, it's cousin Lois in Israel.
    God listens no matter where you talk to him. It's just that at the Western Wall, it's a local call!
    Good luck.

    ReplyDelete