Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Saturday, April 30, 2011

11:30 a.m.- 10 Days Old

When I arrived this morning Garrett had lost a tube and gained a tube – this is a good thing though.  He lost 1 of 2 tubes that were down his throat.  His ventilator tube remains down, but the tube that was draining from his stomach was removed.  The tube he gained was a feeding tube.  It actually goes down through his nose though.  So NOW he has 1 tube down the throat (ventilator) and 1 tube down his nose (feeding tube, which is new).  They are going to probably try a little milk down the feeding tube later today.  We will see how that goes since he has not had food in his stomach yet.
                According to x-rays his left lung really looks about the same.  It hasn’t expanded as much as I would have liked.  But beggars can’t be choosers on what you want your baby’s organs to look like I guess.  I am just glad Garrett is still here with me. 
He was pretty upset this morning when I arrived, so his nurse ordered a dose of a sedative to help relax him.  This was probably the most upset I have seen him, so he really needed it.  It is one thing to let a normal baby cry, but Garrett is hooked up to so much it is scary.  When he gets upset and flails around he grabs at his tubes and wires – we DO NOT need him pulling any of those out!  Though I absolutely hate to see him with his silent cry, I try to keep in mind that all babies cry.  It is a normal baby thing to do.  That helps me handle it a LITTLE better………but just a little.

2 comments:

  1. Baby Campbells GrandparentsApril 30, 2011 at 9:44 AM

    Yeah for Garrett , Such a lil fighter , Hope he likes his feedings . Prayers for the entire family !

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY! Hope he tolerates his feeds well! Stay strong Momma! Love ya!

    ReplyDelete