Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, April 7, 2011

Yet More Appointments

Yet another round of doctors’ appointments……..starting with my regular appointment I am dilated to 1.5 at this point.  Which pretty much means we are moving in the right direction.  During my stress test I was actually having small contractions every couple of minutes, even though I could not feel them at this point.  No complaints here that I’m not feeling them.  The doctor didn’t seem too concerned about them so neither did I.  At my Fetal Care Institute (FCI) appointment I had, you guessed it, another ultrasound.  Everything is just trucking along; no big surprises other than the obvious. 
The FCI docs said I didn’t need to make another appointment because they thought I would be seeing them before that anyway.  Wow.  That was a reality check.  I guess it looks like this baby is actually coming in the next few weeks.  Since this has seemed to be the longest pregnancy ever, it is weird to finally be in the home stretch.

3 comments:

  1. Janna, following your blog. Time is getting close, thank you for your up-dates. I will keep you in my prayers that all will go well for you.
    Mary, Grandma to
    Ramsey LCDH survivor

    ReplyDelete
  2. Janna,

    Spending time at school yesterday in a meeting with a mom who neglected her current child because of her nausea in her current pregnancy, and seeing the vast spectrum of parents who care and parents who know what to do, it makes me proud to have you and Paul in my family. You both care about your baby AND your soon-to-be child. You know what to worry about, but have your priorities straight. Rely on us for whatever you need, because our moms (and co.) also did a fantastic job, have their priorities straight, and we will all do whatever we can. Love you and will miss you next week, but I'm sure we will all be thinking and gossiping about you (cough Grant cough) the whole time. :)

    Love,

    Cousin Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  3. Janna,

    Not sure how I found your blog - but wanted you to know I am praying for you. I read your post about being envious of other pregnant women and I SO know that feeling. I would just dread going to the grocery store those last few weeks because I hated the "wow, you must be due any date. Aren't you just SO excited?" And I would think- "yeah, excited that my baby is going to have to fight for her lift..." It brings tears to my eyes just typing that. But as I type this to you, my little 8 month L-CDH Survivor is screeching from the living room. She made it. It was a rough and scary 49 days in the NICU. But God was ever present with us. If you ever need to talk or ask me any questions - I am here.

    ReplyDelete