Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, April 14, 2011

Induction

So we have officially scheduled an induction.  I am definitely a little nervous about that!  Not so into the pain associated with the Pitocin.  But I am willing to do whatever I have to obviously.  If I make it through this weekend without going into labor on my own, I will be induced this upcoming Tuesday morning (April 19th).  Ironically April 19th is an annual CDH Awareness Daily Event to help promote awareness of the birth defect.  So I find it interesting that is the date my OB has chosen for the induction.  Just a fluke that that is the best day for her next week -- weird.  Another ironic thing is that this is scheduled 3 days past my due date.  I had Grant 3 days past my due date as well.  Very interesting.
            My doctor feels that a somewhat controlled delivery with this baby is a pretty decent idea and I agree.  This way the staff at the hospital will be prepped and ready to handle a baby like mine that is going to need a team of people once he is delivered.  Talk about making an entrance.  All we need now is a brass band.

6 comments:

  1. Best wishes for an easy and safe delivery! I will be remembering you in prayer this weekend and in the upcoming weeks.
    ~Beth Cole

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had pitocin with Avi because my water bag had broken and then in typical Avi fashion he was taking his time deciding to come out. It really was no big deal. Good Luck Sweetie!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck! I'll be praying for you and the baby!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'll be thinking of you on Tuesday and many prayers will be sent your way. Happy early Birthday to your growing family.

    Rose

    ReplyDelete
  5. Donna (from the gas station) gave me the website to check on your progress. I have been wondering how you have been doing- this website is a great way to keep everyone updated : ) I wanted to say hi and hope all is going well. I want to wish you the best of luck tomorrow and that everything goes perfectly : ) Stay strong momma!

    Kaela & Baby Adriana

    ReplyDelete