Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Friday, March 18, 2011

Transverse?! You must be kidding me!

The baby had been in the breech position over the past several weeks.  Though not the most desirable position, it was very comfortable for me!  About 4 nights ago he started moving around so much it was UNREAL.  I thought he was going to come right through the belly.  Needless to say, after my regular OB appointment today, we are pretty sure he is back to being transverse.  This means he is lying SIDEWAYS in the belly.  I have another ultrasound next week so we will know for sure.  There is still the chance he will flip to head down for delivery; let’s hope he does.  Otherwise he will most likely be coming C-section.
                Having him in the transverse position at this point it borderline painful.  I am almost 35 weeks along.  So he is running out of wiggle room.  And every wiggle HURTS.  It takes me forever to get moving in the morning because I am so sore from him being in such a crunched position.  OUCH OUCH OUCH!  I have had a serious conversation with him explaining if he moved to head down we would BOTH BE MORE COMFORTABLE.  Too bad I don’t think he was listening………….

2 comments:

  1. I think the talk helped him get in the correct position after all:) Now he needs to stay in it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Us Sirt ladies are horrible at listening to talks. Try some good, old fashioned Jewish guilt ;)

    ReplyDelete