Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Sunday, March 13, 2011

In my mind.....

In my mind I really have only played out positive scenarios.  I have game plans in place for once the baby is born and is transferred to the NICU at Cardinal Glennon.  I have already assigned positions for my family members.  I.e. who is watching Grant, who is going with the baby, who is staying with me, etc.  I guess you could call me a planner or a “Judging Personality Type” according to the research of Myers-Briggs.  I plan my work and my play.  I am a schedule orientated person.  It puts me at ease knowing there is a game plan.  Of course, the best laid plans don’t always work out.  I am fully aware of this.  But at least in my mind, we are locked and loaded and as ready for this as we can be.
I am not ignoring the fact that my labor and delivery could play out a lot of different ways.  I am just focusing on the situations I want to play out and how we are going to handle them.  I think this helps me keep a positive attitude.  Keeping busy also helps me stay positive and my work and home life have helped tremendously with this. 
I love my job.  I am a lucky person to be able to say this.  I enjoy what I do and look forward to my work (most of the time of course!).  I have put a lot of focus on my job over the past few months and this has enabled me to keep busy.  Not to mention my home life.  Anyone with a child/ren at home fully understands this.  They demand your attention.  And for the second you do not provide them with attention they eat a bottle of gummy vitamins, write with a permanent marker on their new comforter, or stuff 45 hotwheels cars in a porcelain piggy bank (not that I have personally experienced any of this ;)  So between work and home, I do not have a lot of time to sit around and just DWELL on negative stuff.  Which has been a blessing through this entire journey.
Baby boy in my belly is still super active.  It is quite obvious when he is awake due the constant kicks and jabs to the rib cage and bladder.  While cleaning out the refrigerator today I went to the sink and turned on the garbage disposal.   The loud sound must have startled the baby because he literally jumped in my belly.  It was the craziest thing.  We are down to 44 days left until my due date.  Not that I’m keeping track…………….. 

1 comment:

  1. You have done extremely well with everything you've had to balance. You are so strong!! :) Keeping that precious baby in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete