Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, January 10, 2011

The rise and fall of the chest......

Since our CDH diagnosis, it amazes me how differently I look at some things in life.  I find myself sitting here this evening watching Grant sleep peacefully next to me on the couch (I’m hoping for a snow day tomorrow, otherwise he would be in bed).  His chest rises and falls.   He breathes so easily.  Hm.  That is simply something that I took so for granted before this most recent pregnancy.

I know my next baby will not breathe as easy as his brother.   In fact, he may be able to breathe at all on his own.  Not an easy thing for any parent to think about.  

But tonight the baby still breathes easy as I breathe for him.  Breathe easy little one.  Sleep tight.

2 comments:

  1. So sweet, Janna. What a lucky little guy to have a mom like you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You made me cry! You are one of the strongest women I know! Love ya! Meg

    ReplyDelete